Followers

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The never ending pursuit of bettering oneself; Goal Managing by Josie V.

I have this problem which is also a blessing. The idea of bettering myself is always on my mind and reiterated when life throws those moments of clarity. Those moments when you are looking at something wonderful that it fills your body with energy, kind of like a helium balloon, and you feel connected. You don't just feel connected, you are inspired and forever changed. I recently had a wave of this. It happened when I was watching a documentary on Netflix about a couple who were building a tiny house. Apparently, there is this whole underground culture of people beating the system Henry David Thoreau style , sorta. If he were to be living in a traveling house decked out with amenities such as electricity & internet. The man who was building this house with his girlfriend was young, barely had any money, but clearly followed the internet. With the many tools one can learn through reading how-to blogs and watching tutorials on YouTube, as well as recruiting help from found items on Craigslist, within a year he had build himself his own house. What made this house much more than that, was he built it to be home and it was. Who doesn't want that? I have experienced some turbulence in this roller coaster life of mine. I am constantly trying to better myself because I know I deserve better. I always do. The problem with this is that I am constantly rediscovering ways to do so, leaving the many to-do lists I came up with during my last aha! moment. These to-do lists pile up! It's funny because if you were to look through my stack, you would notice that they are mostly very similar. It's hard for me to complete a task. The great thing about this though is that I am never bored, most of the time I am motivated, I discover something new about myself and I am constantly reminded that I am worthy enough to create the next masterpiece, or that Art is still worth making, or whatever. Life is a trial and error process. I found a couple of tips from the internet about goal managing. Whether you want to create a home, or the next masterpiece, these tips are useful: 

No comments:

Post a Comment