Followers

Monday, June 23, 2014

Detour Ahead

Article by: Robert Kemmerer

One lesson Josie has taught me through our relationship is that life has some rather unexpected surprises. Don't be afraid to wonder from the path because you never know what you are missing.

Each time we leave our cave we set out on a path that was, for the most part, planned. Planned in the sense that we know where we are leaving from and where we have to be. Everything in between is the adventure.

Through our detours, breaks, and accidental turns i have discovered beauty not to far from reach that I have blindly walked by. Here are just a few.

The Sunflower Fields 
photo by: Josie V. Eclecticism
Located on Hwy 90 headed west towards Uvalde. Just as you have exited the city of good ol' San Antonio look for this treasure on the eastbound side. You will know it when you see it.

Even a weed has a heart 
photo by: Josie V. Eclecticism
Not too long ago we took a walk through a local park near our home. We have been through here several times during our "Texas Winter" months. This visit was a little different. The leaves were sprouting from the trees that were once bare and flowers began to bloom with such vibrance. Life had come back. We geeked out on the beauty and suddenly this little guy caught my eye. Reminded us of Dr. Suess. Can't help to wonder if this was a inspirational source for many of his iconic characters and landscapes. 


This was here the whole time?
photo by: Josie V. Eclecticism
I only recently began traveling to downtown San Antonio. It was to chaotic for me. Through a desire to move forward with my passion I took baby steps moving through out the downtown streets. Then Josie came into my life and that baby step process became a metaphorical rollercoaster plummeting down from its highest point. Exhilarating and life changing. I have lived in San Antonio for years. At least a quarter of my life and till just recently this was something I passed by on a weekly bases without knowing it was there.

My life lesson, take a detour every once in a while. It may just change your life for the better. I thank my love Josie for breathing life back into my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment