Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Featured blogger & local artist: MINNIE HERNANDEZ, explains a photoseries & a recent project.

About Minnie: 
I am a self taught artist and mother. As a child I would always have a pencil and paper handy, so that I could draw to my hearts content wherever I was. My real skills lie in painting and sketching but I also enjoy exploring other avenues of creativity such as ; photography, jewelry/ accessories making , illustrations, cover designs for novels and most recently collaborating in giving new life to old furniture. My inspirations come from my surroundings, whether it be nature, culture or gazing up at the stars.

Current series: (a photo & furniture series)

The photos were taken while hiking on the trails at Raymond Rimkus park in Leon Valley

As for the bench it was a collaboration, I just added the finishing touches, Patrick did the dirty work of taking the old rotting wood boards and rusty screws off and replacing them with newer boards, He painted the frame and boards with discounted sample paints we were lucky to have come across. And I used some of those paints to add the vine and flowers to the backboard.


Check out more of Minnie!  
Support her at the next event she's in! 







No comments:

Post a Comment