Followers

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ask for a Beautiful Moment

I happened to find and listen to a Ted Talk given by Amanda Palmer. It's called "The Art of Asking." http://youtu.be/xMj_P_6H69g

My thoughts were directed toward connecting with others & reminding me of beautiful moments I've cherished at times. I wondered what made them stand out. Had I made a connection with another person? Had I realized the value of the exchange we had? I'd like to think so. 

Other times I have different memories that derive from being afraid. Perhaps, I didn't feel good enough or completely talented to share what I wanted to. Amanda touches on these fears by relating her experience of how she felt when she heard someone yell "get a job!" Her mind told her she had a job but should she feel that it was "unjoblike" or "shameful?" 

The truth is as a creative individual what I enjoy doing most is more than a job. It's how I face my fear, face my memories and how to face other people. Through creativity, I give and receive. It's not so much of a risk but I'm holding my arms out saying (as Amanda did) "I trust you this much." 

As helping to start this art zine, Cognitive Manifesto, I am discovering that I have to ask, connect and receive an exchange in turn. Like Amanda did, I'm realizing "when we really see each other - we want to help each other."

Thank you for helping. Thanks for answering with your support when asked. You are a part of this!

Now, watch the video and see if it inspires you: http://youtu.be/xMj_P_6H69g

Lastly, What are you excited to see happen for Cognitive Manifesto? Let's hear your thoughts in the comments. 
(post by Julie) 

No comments:

Post a Comment